Fulfilling Orders for Services
Orders for services or other nonphysical products do not have inventory reserved against them and would not have to be packed to be invoiced. Instead, they can be processed in the following manner:
- approved the order as you normally would
- when the services have been performed and are ready to be invoiced, use the Mark as Performed Screen to mark the service order items as "performed."
- then, use Invoice Performed Order Items to create a new sales invoice for these items.
Each time this link is used, a new sale invoice will be created for the items that have been recently marked as performed, and then the items will be marked as completed. If your order's products store's "autoApproveInvoice" flag is set to "Yes", then your sales invoice will be automatically set to Ready and posted to the ledger, and it would no longer be modifiable. Therefore, if you wish to edit your invoices, set this flag to "No."
(The reason that an invoice is not automatically generated when an order item is performed is that many services companies prefer to send periodic invoices for all work done up to that point, rather than as each piece of work is completed.)
Integrating with Project Management Tools
If you use a project management system to manage your services, you can integrate it with opentaps easily by doing the following:
- when opentaps approves a service order item, create a new ticket in your project management system and record the orderId and orderItemSeqId of the order item from opentaps
- when you close the ticket with a satisfactory status in your project management system, call opentaps and changed the status of the orderId and orderItemSeqId to "ITEM_PERFORMED"
Then, you can periodically use the [Invoice Performed Order Items] link to create sales invoices.
Refer to User Manual page Invoicing for Services Performed.
Inventory Tab << Tab pages