The "View Warehouse" screen provides a way to update or add information about the selected Warehouse, but the facility cannot be created here.
To access this screen from the Main Navigation screen,
* Click: Warehouse Icon > Configuration Tab * The View Warehouse screen opens. There is also a [View Warehouse] button in the Shortcut Box.
The screen presents a basic information box, and a Contact Information box.
Update Basic Information
The basic information includes the following editable items:
- Name -- the Warehouse name but not the ID can be changed here
- Facility Type -- specify that the facility is a warehouse, store, or other option
- Square Footage
- Owner -- Ownership of the Warehouse and Inventory is specified by this Party Group ID
- Inventory Item Type -- determines the default inventory item type for the warehouse (Serialized or Non-Serilaized)
- Default Weight Unit -- for this warehouse if required for an inventory item
- Default Days to Ship -- lead time for shipping something from the warehouse.
To update basic information in this box:
* Enter new data in the fields provided * Click: [Update]
Add or Update Contact Information
The Contact Information box provides for updating [Update], removing [Expire] or adding [Add New] contact info for the warehouse.
* Click: [Update] or [Add New] to open a "Contact Information" form. * For a new contact, Select Contact Type in the drop down box, and Click: [Create] * Enter or edit the information for the type of contact opened: For example, a postal address will require these items: Contact Purpose -- an existing contact will have this item listed, also see below. To Name Attention Name Address Line 1 Address Line 2 City State/Province Zip/Postal Code Country * Click: [Save] * Enter or Edit: "Contact Purposes" fields You can [Delete] or [Add] a contact purpose from the drop down box. * Click: [Save] when all entries are completed.
The system will use the address types you supply for the various purposes, and if an address is not specified for a purpose the system will default to an address that is supplied.
Shipping Tab << Tab pages