Transfer Inventory Screen
The Inventory Transfer function moves inventory from specific Inventory Items in a selected Warehouse to a different Warehouse where additional inventory is required.
To access this function proceed as follows:
* From the Main Navigation screen Click: Warehouse Icon > Inventory Tab * Click: [Transfer Inventory] button * The of several "Inventory Transfer" screen opens
There are three buttons displayed on the first screen:
- [Active and Inactive] - displays either the "Active" or the "Active and Inactive" transfers (for example transfers that are already completed).
- [Complete Requested Transfers] - initiates completion of requested transfers
- [Inventory Transfer] - initiate an inventory transfer request
Initiate an Inventory Transfer
* Select the Warehouse that you will use for the source of your transfer, verify that you are currently in that warehouse by looking at the "Warehouse:" name in the upper right hand corner of the screen. [Change] to the correct source warehouse if needed. * Click: [Inventory Transfer] to initiate a transfer * Enter the "Inventory Item ID" you will use as the source for the transferred items. Note: This is not the Product ID, it is the Inventory Item ID listed in the Find Inventory Item Screen listing. * Click: [Get Item] * The "Inventory Transfer from warehouse-name" screen opens, where warehouse-name is for the warehouse you selected in the first step. The quantity on hand for the Product is displayed. * Refer to the next figure, which displays this screen. * Look at "Product ID" -- Verify that the product to be transferred is the correct one. * Click: [Now] on the line labeled "Transfer Send Date", if necessary edit the entry after you click [Now] to reflect the desired send date. (Don't change the format of the entry, just the numbers.) * "To Facility" line -- select the destination warehouse from the drop down box. (Don't use the Container entry box.) * Enter or lookup the Location to use for this inventory in the destination warehouse. * Provide optional comments regarding this transfer. * Quantity To Transfer -- Enter the quantity of product to transfer from the Inventory Item we have specified above. * Click: [Transfer] to create the transfer request.
Note: Each Inventory Transfer addresses a specific "Inventory Item ID" which pertains to the quantity of one product which has moved into inventory of your source warehouse in the past, and seeks to move some or all of it to another warehouse.
Complete a Requested Inventory Transfer
After you click [Transfer] in the above procedure, the following "Transfer Inventory" screen opens to display transfer requests that are pending completion.
THIS FIGURE IS OBSOLETE: Image:Transferinventory2.png
To complete a requested inventory transfer, from the "Transfer Inventory" screen displaying your requested transfer as in the figure,
* From the display box listing your requested transfers you can review them as follows: * To review the transfer request, Click: [Edit] or the Transfer ID entry. * To review the source inventory item for this transfer, Click: "the Item column entry (ID number)" the Edit Inventory Item Screen opens * Click: [Complete Requested Transfers] to complete the requested transfers. (Caution: once you click this button the transfer completes without any more screens.)