Pack Order Screen
* To access this screen from the Main Navigation screen: * Click: [Warehouses] Icon > [Shipping] button > [Pack Order] button * The Pack Order screen opens * Enter: the order ID/shipgroup (When you enter Pack Order via other routes the order ID may be filled in for you.
This screen is used to record order items which are being packed and shipped to your customers. opentaps checks to verify that the order is approved. If it is, the screen will show a list of the order items and their quantities.
At the top of the screen, enter the Order ID and order ship group Id (by default 00001) and click on [Pack Order] to bring up a list of items in this ship group which should be packed.
You can select the ones which you wish to pack and choose which package to put the item into.
Alternatively, you can enter or scan the product ID or UPC code for each item individually, and opentaps will add it to the shipment package if the item is included in the order. (Otherwise you will see a warning message.)
After you have entered the items to be packed, you can enter the weight for each package and select the box type. You can also enter the following information:
- Tracking code: if you are using an external application to schedule your shipment, you can enter the tracking code here. If you plan to use opentaps to schedule your shipment, leave this blank. Opentaps will fill it when your shipment is scheduled.
- Additional Charge: This option appears if your order's product store is set not to pro-rate shipping charges. You can add additional charges back to your order and to your invoice. You can choose from several different charges including shipping, insurance, and bank fees. This is useful if you don't charge for shipping at the time of order, so the original order has a shipping charge of zero, because you don't know the weight or dimensions of your package, but at the packing time you weigh your package, get the estimated shipping charge, and add it back your order.
- [Estimate] button: This button will fill in the estimated shipping charge for the package based on the weight and put it in the additional shipping charge box. The shipping estimate will be from the carriers such as UPS.
- Handling instructions: enter any special handling instructions for your shipment here.
Click on [Complete] to tell opentaps that you are finished with packing your order. Opentaps will then check to make sure that the quantities you are packing do not exceed the quantities on hand in the warehouse, and also the quantities you are packing equal the quantities originally reserved. If there is a problem, you would see a red warning message, but you can continue and complete packing the order by clicking on [Force Complete].
Once the order has been packed, an invoice is automatically generated, and you can print the invoice, a packing slip, or barcode for your package. You can also proceed to the screen to schedule your shipment or pack another order.
Refer to other User Guide pages:
Manual pages >> Packing the Orders