Enter Shipping Estimate Parameters for a Defined Shipment Method
When Packing a Customer Order for shipment, the opentaps Pack Order Screen and the User Guide section Packing the Orders refer to the "Shipping Estimate" functionality. The [Estimate] button provided on screen will fill in YOUR estimated shipping charge for the package based on factors that you specify and put it in the additional shipping charge box.
This estimate will contain some of the shipping carriers standard charges, plus any additional factors that you specify for calculating the amount that YOU will charge the Customer.
Data to support YOUR Shipping Estimate is configured in the [Store] > [Shipping Estimates] Tab. The process for setting up the shipping estimate function is as follows:
- Get Shipment Carrier Estimating Parameters -- Obtain from a particular shipping carrier their cost estimating parameters relating to such items as the box weight, size, quantity to ship, and the source and destination locations of the shipment.
- Enter the Data into the [Shipping Estimate] Tab -- Use the following procedure.
* Open the page [Catalog] > [Catalog Manager Application] drop down box > [Stores] * In the display box that opens, Click: Store ID for the Store to Edit. * Click: [Shipping Estimates], the "Edit Product Store Shipment Cost Estimates" screen opens displaying a list of any already defined rows of estimating data. * To Delete a line of estimating data, Click: [Remove] at the end of the line. * To Edit a line of estimating data, first remove the line, then enter a new line. * To Create a New Line of estimating data, Use the "New Shipment Estimate" box at the bottom of the screen. * Refer to the hints below regarding what to enter into the form. * When finished with entry and checking values, Click: [Submit]
The following hints are provided for what should be entered in the form.
- Party ID -- This is the ID of the shipping carrier
- Roll Type ID -- not required
- Flat Rate Charges
- Flat Base Percent -- Enter a decimal percentage (without a percent sign) indicating what percent of the total order price will be added to the shipping charges. If none, leave blank or enter 0 (zero).
- Flat Base Price -- Enter your flat rate charge, considering whatever the carrier is charging.
- Flat Item Price --
- Flat Shipping Percent -- Enter the percentage of surcharge, if any, to be added to the total Flat Rate.
. . . to be continued. . .