Create Contact Screen
The "Create Contact" screen is divided into the following sections:
Basic Contact Details
Enter the appropriate contact details into the following fields:
- First Name/Last Name - This is the full name of the contact, and is a required field to create the contact.
- First Name (Local) / Last Name (Local) - This is the contact's name in his or her local language.
- Preferred Currency - This indicates the preferred currency for the contact. Select the currency from the drop down menu. The default is set during CRM/SFA Configuration.
- Initial Account - Enter the internal ID value of an account you would like to associate this contact with. You can also click the lookup widget to bring up a Find Account screen. You can search for the account by name or phone number, or select the account from the list on the Find Account screen.
- Description- This information field allows you to detail any further information about the contact.
- Important Note - This field allows you to make important notes about a contact, so that any critical information you would like noted any time the contact is viewed will be distinct from the contact description.
- The following input fields are to record additional information for your benefit:
- Salutation - This is the preffered greeting for the contact.
- Birth Date - Indicates the contact's birth date. Enter the birth date manually or search for it using the calendar widget.
- Title - Indicates the relevant title the contact has at his or her company.
- Department - Indicates which department within the contact's company he or she works in.
- Country Code - This is the relevant country code for the contact's phone number. The default is set to the value configured in CRM/SFA Configuration.
- Area Code - This indicates the relevant area code for the contact's phone number.
- Phone Number - This is the seven digit phone number for the contact.
- Extension - This is an extension to direct your call to the contact or to the contact's department.
- Person to Ask For - Should the contact not have a direct line, this will indicate a name to direct your call to the contact.
- Email address - This is the contact's email address.
- Web URL - This indicates the contact's personal or company web address.
This section allows you to enter the primary mailing address for the lead. This address will be stored as the general correspondence address, shipping address, and billing address. The country of the address is by default set to the value configured in CRM/SFA Configuration.
User Manual page > The Contacts Tab