Add New Backup Warehouse Screen
This screen will create a new warehouse and set it up as a Backup Warehouse for an existing warehouse. Note that the primary warehouse facility cannot be created with this screen.
- The primary warehouse was selected on a previous screen, refer to Configure Warehouses Screen
- The Backup Warehouse manager is designated and assigned the Role of Warehouse Manager, refer to Create Users and User Profiles
To create a new Backup Warehouse proceed as follows:
* Name: Name of your new warehouse * Owner: Internal ID of the organization (a Party Group ID) which owns the inventory of this warehouse. It could be a unit of your company, or one of your vendors, or a special third party inventory warehouse company. * Currency: Currency of the inventory held in this warehouse. * Inventory Item Type: Specifies whether the inventory is serialized or non-serialized. By default, it will be the same as that of the existing primary warehouse. * Initial Manager: The party who will be the initial manager of this warehouse, for receiving inventory and such. This user should have been configured already as a warehouse manager. * Priority: Priority sequence of this warehouse versus other backup warehouses, 1 being the first backup warehouse to pull inventory from. * From Date and Thru Date are the dates when this warehouse will be active as a backup warehouse. * When the entries are complete, Click: [Add New]
The following explains what is configured by this procedure:
- The system will create a new warehouse, and set it as backup to your selected primary warehouse.
- It's inventory will be owned by the new Owner party you specified, and
- Your current organization well be configured as a "receive inventory for" party of this new warehouse.
- The initial manager you identified will be the manager of the new warehouse.
- If the owner has a Shipping Location address specified, the system will make that the initial shipping origin and destination location of the warehouse. If not, it will look for a General Location business address in the Owner profile.
You must now edit the addresses, contact information, and other details of your new warehouse using the Warehouse application located at:
* Warehouse > Configuration Tab > [View Warehouse] button which supports [Update] of all the data.