View Contact Screen
The "View Contact" screen allows you to view and edit contact details.
This section displays general information about the contact, including name, title, birth date, department, preferred currency, and the person responsible for this contact. Clicking the [Edit] button will bring up the "Edit Contact" screen
The "Contact Information" section details all of the contact data you have entered for the contact. Enter the following contact data:
- Create Address - Clicking [Create Address] will prompt you to select the "Purpose" (from the drop down menu), "Name/Attention Name", Address details, "Directions", and whether to "Allow Solicitation" (also from a drop down menu). After you have created the contact, from the View Contact Screen you will be able to map the address using Google maps, or generate a catalog request. The date and time will be automatically recorded after any edits or actions associated with the address.
- Create Phone Number - Clicking the [Create New Phone Number] button will prompt you to enter the "Purpose" (from the drop down menu), "Phone Number/Extension", "Person to Ask For", and whether to Allow Solicitation (also from a drop down menu).
- Create Email - Clicking [Create Email] will prompt you to enter the "Purpose" (from the drop down menu), "Email Address", and whether to "Allow Solicitation" (also from a drop down menu).
- Create Web URL - Clicking "Create Web URL" will prompt you to enter the "Purpose" (from the drop down menu), "Web URL/Address", and whether to "Allow Solicitation" (also from a drop down menu).
To edit previously entered data, click the [Update] button next to the relevant field. To close a previously entered channel of communication (phone number, email, etc.) click the [Expire] button next to the relevant field.
This section will list any marketing campaigns applied to the lead with the date and time the campaign was noted in opentaps. It also allows you to add a "New Marketing Campaign" by selected it from the drop down menu and clicking the [Add] button.
The "Pending Activities" section lists activities that have been created but have not yet been completed. The list can be sorted alphabetically/sequentially by clicking on any of the header categories: "Type", "Purpose", "Activity", "Status", "Scheduled Date", and "Due Date".
Clicking [New Event] will link you to the Create Event Screen of the Activities section of opentaps CRM. Similarly, clicking [New Task] will link you to the Create Task Screen of the Activities section.
This section lists the accounts relevant to the contact, including the account name, city, primary email, and primary phone number. Click the [Remove] button to remove an account from the contact's profile.
To add an account, manually enter the account's internal ID number or search for it using the lookup widget. Clicking the [Add] button will add the account to the contact's profile.
This section lists the active orders for the contact, including the Order Date, Order Name and ID, PO #, Customer, Status, Ship Before Date, and Amount. There are two buttons in the "Open Orders" section:
- [Orders] - Clicking this button will take you to the Find Orders Screen, with the contact's internal ID specified by default. You can then search for all orders.
- [Quotes] - Clicking this button will take you to the Find Quotes Screen, with the contact's internal ID specified by default. You can then search for all quotes.
This section lists any open opportunities for the lead, including the Opportunity Name, Stage Opportunity Amount, Estimated Close Date, and Opportunity For. Clicking the [Create New] button will take you to the Create Opportunity Screen. Clicking on an opportunity name will take you to the View Opportunity Screen.
Payment and Shipping Accounts
This section lists any payment options you have created for this contact, including EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), gift cards, and credit cards. There are three buttons in this section:
- [Create New EFT Account] - This will take you to the Create New EFT Account Screen to add an electronic funds transfer payment option for the contact.
- [Create New Gift Card] - This will take you to the Create New Gift Card Screen to create a gift card for the contact.
- [Create New Credit Card] - This will take you to the Create New Credit Card Screen to add a credit card to the contact's payment options.
If the account has third party shipping accounts they will be displayed here. There is no screen to enter or edit third party shipping accounts, however they can be created during order entry.
The "Activities History" section lists previous activities that have already been completed. Like the "Pending Activities" section, you can sort the list alphabetically/sequentially by clicking on any of the header categories: "Type", "Purpose", "Activity", "Status", "Scheduled Date", and "Completion Date".
Clicking either the [Log Call] button or [Log Email] button will link you to the Log Task Screen of the Activities section of opentaps CRM, with the appropriate data fields to store the call or email information.
This section tracks information relating to previous catalog requests including date the request was taken, address the catalog was sent to, who the request was taken by, and whether the request has been fulfilled or not.
Bookmarks and Files
This section lists any previously bookmarked URLs or uploaded files (documents, images, etc.) relevant to the lead. Clicking the [Bookmark URL] button will prompt you with fields to enter the web address and a description of the URL or its relevancy. Clicking the [Upload File] button will prompt you with a field to enter the file name or browse your computer to find and select the file, and a field for a description of the file.
This section lists allows you to generate a contact form from existing forms to send to the contact, or to create a new form:
- [Generate Form] - To send an existing contact form, select the appropriate form from the drop down menu (for example: "New User Welcome"), and select the appropriate output format (for example, ".PDF" or "HTML") from the drop down menu. Clicking the [Generate Form] button will bring up the form for you to save or send to the contact.
- [Create New] - This button will take you to the Contact Forms Screen where you can create a new contact form that can be subsequently generated and sent to a contact.
In this section you can make private or public notes about an order. Clicking the [Create New] button will take you to the "Add Note" screen, where you can enter the note into an information section and select whether the note is an internal note from the drop down menu. An internal note is absent on printed documents and unavailable to anyone not logged in as the user who created the note. Click the [Save] button to save the note and return to the "View Order Screen" or click the [Go Back] button to return to the screen without saving.
If a note is labeled "internal", you have the option of clicking the [Make Public] button from the "View Order" screen to change its status. Similarly, if a note is not labeled "internal" you have the option of clicking the [Make Private] button to change its status.