Run MRP Screen
This screen allows you to specify the options for running Material Resources Planning (MRP) to plan out purchasing and production. The following options are available:
- Facility: Specify the warehouse or facility to run MRP for. Either a facility or a facility group is required to run MRP.
- Product Store and Product Store Group: Specify a product store or product store group to run MRP for. If product store is supplied then product store group is ignored. Otherwise, the system could run MRP for all the stores of the group. If you specify a product store (group), then MRP will only create requirements for products which have orders in the store (group) and will not create requirements for products which may be below minimum stock for your warehouse but have no outstanding orders.
- Product ID: This field can be used to specify a single product to run the MRP for. Note that if you run MRP for only a single product, it will not consider the parts in it's Bill Of Material. This is recommended only for testing purposes when you have a very large number of products.
- Supplier: Use this field to run MRP for only products which can be purchased from this supplier as of today. If a product can be purchased from multiple suppliers, then it will show up on the MRP run for each of its suppliers. If a manufactured product with a Bill Of Material could also be purchased from a supplier, and its parts can also be purchased from the same supplier, then MRP would be run for both the manufactured product and its parts. Finally, running MRP for a supplier would only clear the results of previous MRP runs for that supplier and not for any other suppliers. So, you can run MRP for each of your suppliers sequentially, and then go to the Open Requirements Screen and see the requirements generated for all the suppliers together.
- Default Years in Future for Sales Orders: Specify how many years in the future to assume sales orders should be fulfilled if there is no ship date set on the order. The system will determine when a sales order will ship based on the following criteria:
- Ship Group's ship by date
- Ship Group's ship before date
- Item's ship before date
- Item's ship after date
- Item's estimated delivery date
If none of those fields are set, it will add this "default years" to the current run time to determine when items should ship. By default, this is set to 1 year in the future.
- Inventory Receipt Time Buffer: Specify how long back item receipts for purchase orders, approved purchase requirements, or production runs should be shifted versus their stated delivery or production dates for this MRP run. This flag simulates "common sense" to solve the following problem: if inventory is scheduled to arrive at 12 PM but is required at 11:59 AM, the system would think that the shipment due to arrive at 12 PM would not arrive in time and create a new order for inventory at 11:59 AM.
- Percentage of Sales Forecast to Use: Specifies what percentage of the value in the SalesForecastItem entity should be used to project inventory. "50" in this case means that 50% of the forecast sales will be used for MRP. (New to version 1.4)
- Create Transfer Requirements?: Specifies whether inventory transfer requirements should be created when inventory is available in a backup warehouse, or whether inventory transfers should be created. (New to version 1.4)
Note that either facility or facility group is required.
Click on [Run MRP] and the MRP process will run. When it is finished, you will be taken to the View MRP Screen