GL Account Activity Details Screen
This screens shows a history of the transactions of a GL account, with the most recent transaction on top. The top half of the screen is a menu for viewing the GL account transactions:
- GL Account - Shows the GL account code and account name to be displayed.
- Product ID - If you'd like to see transactions for a product, enter a product ID here.
- Party ID - If you'd like to see transactions for a party, such as a customer, vendor, or employee, enter a party ID here.
- Payment ID - If you'd like to see transactions for a particular payment, enter a payment ID here.
- Invoice ID - If you'd like to see transactions for a particular invoice, enter an invoice ID here.
- Shipment ID - If you'd like to see transactions for a particular shipment, enter a shipment ID here.
- Work Effort ID - If you'd like to see transactions for a particular work effort, which could be a manufacturing production run or a CRMSFA activity, enter the work effort ID here.
- From Date and Thru Date - Enter the date range of the transactions to see, or keep it empty to see all transactions. By default, this is set to the last 30 days.
- Is Posted - Select "Y" if you want to see only the posted transactions (default), "N" if you want to see the non-posted transactions which are pending, or blank for both.
- Debit / Credit - Select the type of transaction you want to see, or leave empty to see both.
You can set values for any combination of parameters to see the transactions of your liking. For example, you can enter a GL account and a product ID to see all the activity for this account and product combination, or just a product ID to see all the transactions for this product, or a product ID and party ID to see all activities for this product and party combination. If you leave all values unset, the system will show you all transactions for your organization.
The second half of the screen shows the line entries of the transactions for your chosen parameters. The columns are:
- GL Account - Account code and name of the GL account. Click on the account code to see details for this GL account.
- Transaction Date - Date and time of the transaction entry.
- Transaction - This is the internal ID of the transaction. Click on it to see the details of this transaction.
- Type - This is the type of the transaction.
- Invoice ID, Payment ID, Shipment ID, Inventory Item ID, Work Effort ID, Party ID, Product ID - If the transaction entry were associated with an invoice, payment, shipment, inventory item, work effort, or product, it would be displayed here. Clicking on this field would show transaction entries for this invoice, payment, shipment, inventory item, work effort, or product.
- Debit, Credit - The amount of the transaction entry is displayed in the column corresponding to the type of transaction.