Add Items to Order
In opentaps 1.4, you now have two ways to add products to your order, an order entry grid based on the Google Web Toolkit and the older styled order entry. You can toggle between the two by clicking on [Grid View] or [Full View].
Order Entry Grid
The order entry grid based on the Google Web Toolkit allows you to add many products to your order on a grid, without waiting for opentaps to store your order items on the server. Add the products by entering the product ID or internal name. You can add a partial product ID and wait for the system to prompt you from a list of potential products, or enter the full product ID and click [Enter] or [Tab] to set the product ID. Then you can tab over to modify the item's description and enter the quantity. Once you enter the quantity, opentaps will retrieve the price and set it for you and recalculate the order total without promotions and adjustments. You can also modify the price by tabbing over to the cell and:
- entering an override price
- enter a percentage premium or discount after the base price in the format of +10% or -10%. For example, 150-10%
- enter an absolute premium or discount after the base price in the format of +10 or -10. For example, 150-10
When you are done entering all of your items or want to take a break, click on [Save All] to save your order items with opentaps. opentaps will then refresh your order items grid with the promotions and adjustments, recalculating the order total.
'IMPORTANT NOTE: Until you click on the [Save All] button, opentaps has not calculated the promotions and adjustments applicable to your orders yet, so your order total may be inaccurate.
Full View Order Entry
You can also use the traditional or "Full View" order entry screen to add items to an order. The following fields are available:
- Product ID - Enter the internal product ID, an alternate ID such as UPC or SKU, or your supplier's product ID for the product you would like to purchase, or search for it using the lookup widget. If you enter a partial ID number, the system will display a screen with all the products that could potentially match this partial ID number. You can add one or more products from this list. Only if the are no products which match the ID number that you have entered will the system display an error message. This is a required field to add an item to the order.
- Quantity - Enter the number of units of the product you are ordering. This is also a required field to add an item to the order.
- Ship Before Date - Enter the date the order must be shipped by, or search for it using the lookup widget.
- Comments - Enter any relevant comments in the information box.
Clicking the [Add to Order] button will create the order and add the product to the order items section below. The total value of the order will automatically be calculated with consideration of the items you are ordering.
Finalizing Your Order
When you are done adding products your order, you can either use [Create New Customer] to create the order for a new customer or [Finalize Order] to set the shipping and payment options for an existing customer. If you attempt to finalize an order without selecting an existing customer or creating a new customer the system will prompt you to identify the customer.
This section allows you to add items to the order, and includes