View Lead Screen
The "View Lead" screen is divided into 9 distinct sections:
The Lead section has more detailed information about the lead, as well as the following basic buttons:
- [Duplicate Lead] - This allows you to create an identical lead listing that can be used to either store alternate information on a lead, or to assign the same lead to multiple team members.
- [Qualify Lead] - This will change the status of the lead to "Qualified", meaning the lead has been confirmed as a valid or interested lead. Once the lead has been qualified you can then convert it into an account. If you have qualified the lead, the button will become a [Convert Lead] button.
- [Convert Lead] - If a lead a is qualified this button will appear in lieu of the [Qualify Lead] button. Clicking [Convert Lead] will take you to the Convert Lead Screen.
- [Edit] - This will allow you to modify the lead description.
- [Delete] - This will delete the entry from the opentaps system.
- [Reassign] - This will reassign the lead to another team member.
The "Sources" section allows you to indicate how the lead was generated. Selecting the appropriate option from the pull down menu and clicking [Add] when the lead is generated will automatically store the source as well as the date and time in a visible list on the "View Lead" page.
Please note: The "Sources" section allows you to list multiple sources for an individual lead.
This section of the "View Lead" screen will list any marketing campaigns applied to the lead with the date and time the campaign was noted in opentaps. It also allows you to add a "New Marketing Campaign" by selected it from the drop down menu and clicking [Add].
The "Contact Information" section details all of the contact data you have entered for the lead. Enter the following contact data:
- Create Address - Clicking [Create Address] will prompt you to select the "Purpose" (from the drop down menu), "Name/Attention Name", Address details, "Directions", and whether to "Allow Solicitation" (also from a drop down menu). After you have created the lead, from the "View Lead" page you will be able to map the address using Google maps, or generate a catalog request. The date and time will be automatically recorded after any edits or actions associated with the address.
- Create Phone Number - Clicking the [Create New Phone Number] button will prompt you to enter the "Purpose" (from the drop down menu), "Phone Number/Extension", "Person to Ask For", and whether to Allow Solicitation (also from a drop down menu).
- Create Email - Clicking [Create Email] will prompt you to enter the "Purpose" (from the drop down menu), "Email Address", and whether to "Allow Solicitation" (also from a drop down menu).
- Create Web URL - Clicking "Create Web URL" will prompt you to enter the "Purpose" (from the drop down menu), "Web URL/Address", and whether to "Allow Solicitation" (also from a drop down menu).
To edit previously entered data, click the [Update] button next to the relevant field. To close a previously entered channel of communication (phone number, email, etc.) click the [Expire] button next to the relevant field.
The "Pending Activities" section lists activities that have been created but have not yet been completed. The list can be sorted alphabetically/sequentially by clicking on any of the header categories: "Type", "Purpose", "Activity", "Status", "Scheduled Date", and "Due Date".
Clicking [New Event] will link you to the Create Event Screen of the Activities section of opentaps CRM. Similarly, clicking [New Task] will link you to the Create Task Screen of the Activities section.
The "Activities History" section lists previous activities that have already been completed. Like the "Pending Activities" section, you can sort the list alphabetically/sequentially by clicking on any of the header categories: "Type", "Purpose", "Activity", "Status", "Scheduled Date", and "Completion Date".
Clicking either the [Log Call] button or [Log Email] button will link you to the Log Task Screen of the Activities section of opentaps CRM, with the appropriate data fields to store the call or email information.
This section tracks information relating to previous catalog requests including date the request was taken, address the catalog was sent to, who the request was taken by, and whether the request has been fulfilled or not.
Bookmarks and Files
This section lists any previously bookmarked URLs or uploaded files (documents, images, etc.) relevant to the lead. Clicking the [Bookmark URL] button will prompt you with fields to enter the web address and a description of the URL or its relevancy. Clicking the [Upload File] button will prompt you with a field to enter the file name or browse your computer to find and select the file, and a field for a description of the file.
In this section you can make private or public notes about an order. Clicking the [Create New] button will take you to the "Add Note" screen, where you can enter the note into an information section and select whether the note is an internal note from the drop down menu. An internal note is absent on printed documents and unavailable to anyone not logged in as the user who created the note. Click the [Save] button to save the note and return to the "View Order Screen" or click the [Go Back] button to return to the screen without saving.
If a note is labeled "internal", you have the option of clicking the [Make Public] button from the "View Order" screen to change its status. Similarly, if a note is not labeled "internal" you have the option of clicking the [Make Private] button to change its status.