Run MRP Screen
This screen allows you to specify the options for running Material Resources Planning (MRP) to plan out purchasing and production. The following options are available:
- Facility: Specify the warehouse or facility to run MRP for. Either a facility or a facility group is required to run MRP.
- Facility Group: Specify the facility group to run MRP for.
- Default Years in Future for Sales Orders: Specify how many years in the future to assume sales orders should be fulfilled if there is no ship date set on the order. The system will determine when a sales order will ship based on the following criteria:
- Ship Group's ship by date
- Ship Group's ship before date
- Item's ship before date
- Item's ship after date
- Item's estimated delivery date
If none of those fields are set, it will add this "default years" to the current run time to determine when items should ship. By default, this is set to 1 year in the future.
- Inventory Receipt Time Buffer: Specify how long back item receipts for purchase orders, approved purchase requirements, or production runs should be shifted versus their stated delivery or production dates for this MRP run. This flag simulates "common sense" to solve the following problem: if inventory is scheduled to arrive at 12 PM but is required at 11:59 AM, the system would think that the shipment due to arrive at 12 PM would not arrive in time and create a new order for inventory at 11:59 AM.
Note that either facility or facility group is required.
Click on [Run MRP] and the MRP process will run. When it is finished, you will be taken to the View MRP Screen