Outsource a Task Screen
Define Task Outsourcing
This screen allows you to associate a production routing task with a supplier as an outsourced service. Enter the appropriate information following fields:
- Supplier Party ID (required) - This is the internal party ID of the supplier. You may enter the ID manually or use the lookup widget to find the supplier.
- Routing task ID (required) - This is the internal ID of the production task. You can use the lookup widget to find the task.
- Product ID - internal ID of the service product which will be created for you. You will be using this productID for future purchase orders. If you leave this field blank, the system will automatically generate one for you.
- Product Name - a name you use to refer to this service. For example, "Paint Doors - Premium Finish." If you leave it blank it will be the same as Supplier Product Name, if supplied.
- Available From (required) - Date/time after which this task could be outsourced to this supplier. Defaults to now.
- Available Thru - Date/time after which this task could not be outsourced to this supplier.
- Minimum Order Quantity (required) - Minimum quantity which could be purchased from this supplier. Defaults to 0.
- Supplier Product ID - An ID used by your supplier to refer to this task.
- Supplier Product Name - The name used by your supplier to refer to this task. For example, "Paint Doors."
- Price and Currency (required) - Price this service could be
- Cost GL Account Type - The GL account type for expensing this outsourced service. By default, it is "Contract manufacturing expense." (MFG_EXPENSE_CONTRACT)
Once you click [Create], the system will create the required data to support the outsourcing of this production run task.
Users of this screen must have permissions to create products in the Catalog manager.