opentaps CRM2 is a CRM system that helps your team work more effectively using your current tools, without installing or learning new software. You can access it from the web, from Gmail, and even embed it into your existing order management or business application system. It lets everybody in your organization work together by sharing their emails, discussions, and activities while using their favorite tools to get their jobs done.
opentaps CRM2 is available for a limited time as a free trial, so sign up today at https://crm2.opentaps.com/signup
To be the simplest yet most useful tool for managing your business relationships.
... and this is how we plan on doing it:
- We'll capture your interactions where and when they happen. You and your team's communications, including emails, texts (SMS), and tweets, come directly into the system. Online forms and social discussions? They also come right in.
- We also want to know your team's internal discussions, as they work on projects together.
- We'll bring it all into the cloud, and
- Intelligently tag them to your business data, such as orders, invoices, quotes, projects -- whatever it is that your business works around.
- Maintain address book of your Contacts
- Keep an unlimited number of addresses, phone numbers, emails, twitter accounts, and other forms of contact for your address book.
- Create notes around any discussion topic, including orders, contacts, invoices, payments, etc.
- Collaborate with your users using familiar @names notation
- Synchronize with multiple Gmail accounts of everybody in your organization
- Monitor tweets for all your contacts with twitter integration
- See who your contacts talk with and what they like to talk about
- Login using Google Apps (Gmail) or Twitter account
- See your contact's activities stream in Gmail, alongside their emails
- Contact and sign up forms for Wordpress blogs
- Create groups and track their activities, including emails, notes, and tweets
- Create tasks, assign them, and track their scheduled date/time and completion
- Dashboard of activities, discussions, and tasks in your organization
CRM2 comes with a set of widgets which could be plugged right into your opentaps 1.x series, so that your users can use it on their pages for contacts, orders, invoices, and payments without going to a different application. This allows them to discuss issues, see history of notes and discussions, and even find relevant emails while they're processing orders/invoices/payments. These widgets can also be extended to other parts of the system and to other legacy ERP or CRM systems. See Tour of CRM2 for more details.
When the user enters a note with one or more '@<userid>', this means that he is trying to communicate with that person. For example, this message
@sichen The customer just called about this invoice.
on the page of invoice 10001 means that this is a message for the user sichen.
An email would be sent to the contact corresponding to that user. If the user replies to the email, then the reply is added as an additional note to the same attributes (ie, order, invoice, payment, or party). The email could also embed a link to take the user to chat on the page of the order/invoice/payment/party. In the body of the email, `-----` is a separator. Content below the separator in the response will not be recorded in the note. If you want to have a signature block in your email, put the separator above your signature line.
There is also a line of the @names that will be sent copies of the email. You can add or remove the forwarding list here.
The person who writes the note or the reply will not be sent an email.
At the bottom is a line with the UUID of the attributes. This is used to identify reply emails with the attributes of the message (ie, order/invoice/payment/party).
Web User Interface
The web user interface of opentaps CRM2 has been completely redesigned:
Contacts are people in the system. A Contact has first name, last name, and company name. It could have as many addresses, phone numbers, emails as you'd like, identified by purposes. The purposes are for your own benefit and have no special meaning for the system. Each contact is identified by a unique ID.
A Contact could also have as many user logins as needed. We currently support authentication with both Google Apps (Gmail) and twitter logins. You can also import your old opentaps 1.x series with type "INTERNAL", but we currently don't support logging in with opentaps 1.x usernames and passwords.
The User is not associated with a domain but rather with a Contact. The security permissions of a User are mapped to a particular domain, so it is possible theoretically for your User to have access to several domains.
However, the user interface is currently implemented so that
- A User is set up along with a Contact, and the screens for managing the User manages the Contact details as well.
- The User is particular to your domain, set up by the domain's administrative user.
You can also create a group of your contacts:
and then track all their activities, including emails, notes, and tweets:
opentaps CRM2 will analyze their activities together and show you what they're all talking about, and with whom:
For any contact, contact group, or any order, invoice, or payment, you can create tasks as well as notes:
Once you've created your task, you can see it in the Tasks tab:
Tasks can have notes and tasks of their own, like this:
The dashboard in the web interface shows you all the activities and a summary of the different tasks:
With the new Twitter integration, you can monitor your contacts' tweets:
You can also see what they like talking about, and who they like talking with:
Gmail User Interface
The new Gmail user interface lets you see your contact's activities, includes other notes, discussions, and tweets, from Gmail, as you are emailing them:
Embedded User Interface
opentaps CRM2 can also be embedded into your existing system, such as an order management, lead prospecting, or accounting system. See Tour of CRM2 for how it works and Set up CRM2 for instructions on configuring it to work with your legacy opentaps 1.x system.
Learn how to Set up CRM2 with your legacy opentaps 1.x system and with wordpress.
For developers, please see the CRM-2 API documentation.