Create Purchase Orders Screen
This screen allows you to create a new purchase order from a supplier, and is divided into the following sections:
Initializing a Purchase Order
When you create a purchase order, the system will screens to set up your purchase order. In opentaps 1.4, this is consolidated into one screen where you can select a supplier, then select a purchasing agreement or set the currency of the purchase order. You will also be able to set a name for your purchase order and set the ship before and ship after dates for all the items on the order. When you enter or change the supplier, the list of available purchasing agreements automatically changes.
Once you have initialized your purchase order, there is a section to the left side of your screen which displays the supplier name, currency, and current total for the order. Clicking the [Cancel Order] button will cancel this order and return you to the Open Purchase Orders Screen.
Adding Items to Your Order
This section allows you to create the initial order, and includes the following fields:
- Product ID - Enter the internal product ID, an alternate ID such as UPC or SKU, or your supplier's product ID for the product you would like to purchase, or search for it using the lookup widget. If you enter a partial ID number, the system will display a screen with all the products that could potentially match this partial ID number. You can add one or more products from this list. Only if the are no products which match the ID number that you have entered will the system display an error message. This is a required field to add an item to the order.
- Quantity - Enter the number of units of the product you are ordering. This is also a required field to add an item to the order.
- Ship Before Date - Enter the date the order must be shipped by, or search for it using the lookup widget.
- Comments - Enter any relevant comments in the information box.
Clicking the [Add to Order] button will create the order and add the product to the order items section below. The total value of the order will automatically be calculated with consideration of the items you are ordering.
If your product is not set up for this particular supplier, opentaps 1.0.x will give you an error. You must go to the catalog manager and set up a Supplier entry for your product. opentaps 1.4 will open a pop-up window and ask if you would like to add the product to your order anyway. If you choose to add a product, it will be added to your order with the same product name as on the sales order and with a price of 0. You can go to the list of order items below to change the description and the price.
Clicking the [Finalize Order] button will take you through screens to finalize the order, including setting the terms of the order and the destination warehouse to ship your order to, and take you to the View Purchase Order Screen.
This section lists the products that have been added to the order, including the following information:
- Product - This is the name and the internal ID of the product that you are purchasing. You may enter an optional name to describe the product in the information field below the internal name.
- Quantity - This is the number of units of this product in the order. You may change the quantity by manually entering the new quantity into this field and clicking the [Update] button.
- Unit Price - This is the value of one unit of the product. You may change the quantity by manually entering the new value into this field and clicking the [Update] button.
- Adjustments - This field displays any price adjustments (for example, discounts or additional fees) applicable to the order.
- Item Total - This is the total value of the order.
- Remove - To remove an item from the order, click the check box and then the [Update] button.
- Inventory - This section will display information about the product's availability, including the quantity currently in your warehouse or currently in production.
- Ship After/Ship Before Date - You may specify a date range for the shipment of the order by entering the dates manually or search for them using the calendar widget.
The cart total (including all order items and price adjustments) is displayed at the bottom of the page.