Create Purchase Orders Screen
This screen allows you to create a new purchase order from a supplier, and is divided into the following sections:
This section displays the supplier name, currency, and current total for the order. Clicking the [Cancel Order] button will cancel this order and return you to the Open Orders Screen.
Adding Items to Your Order
This section allows you to create the initial order, and includes the following fields:
- Product ID - Enter the internal product ID, an alternate ID such as UPC or SKU, or your supplier's product ID for the product you would like to purchase, or search for it using the lookup widget. If you enter a partial ID number, the system will display a screen with all the products that could potentially match this partial ID number. You can add one or more products from this list. Only if the are no products which match the ID number that you have entered will the system display an error message. This is a required field to add an item to the order.
- Quantity - Enter the number of units of the product you are ordering. This is also a required field to add an item to the order.
- Ship Before Date - Enter the date the order must be shipped by, or search for it using the lookup widget.
- Comments - Enter any relevant comments in the information box.
Clicking the [Add to Order] button will create the order and add the product to the order items section below. The total value of the order will automatically be calculated with consideration of the items you are ordering.
Clicking the [Finalize Order] button will take you through screens to finalize the order, including setting the terms of the order and the destination warehouse to ship your order to, and take you to the View Purchase Order Screen.
This section lists the products that have been added to the order, including the following information:
- Product - This is the name and the internal ID of the product that you are purchasing. You may enter an optional name to describe the product in the information field below the internal name.
- Quantity - This is the number of units of this product in the order. You may change the quantity by manually entering the new quantity into this field and clicking the [Update] button.
- Unit Price - This is the value of one unit of the product. You may change the quantity by manually entering the new value into this field and clicking the [Update] button.
- Item Total
- Ship After/Ship Before Date