Basics of Configuring the Product Store
To access the Catalog application from the Main Navigation screen, proceed as follows, Click: Catalog Icon, the Catalog Manager Application Main page opens. Click: [Stores] in the "Catalog Manager Application" dropdown box, "Edit Product Store List" opens. Click: [Create New Product Store] button, or Click: an existing Store Name to edit, in the List box. Adjust: the width of your Browser window to view the whole "Edit Product Store", if necessary.
This page provides for entry of basic information about an opentaps Virtual Store, including it's naming, and a collection of prescriptive policy defining items about how the Store handles business. The first group of items follow.
Basic Store Definition
* Enter or Edit each of the following groups of items and then, * Save all of your changes when you are ready, * Click: [Update] at the bottom of the screen to save everything.
Items to be Entered or Edited:
Naming and Grouping Items
- Primary Store Group Id -- Stores can be grouped together with a price for each store group. Leave this blank if no store groups are set up. (Store groups cannot be set up in the catalog manager, groups must be inserted directly into the database. Consult your Technical System Administrator for assistance.)
- Store Name Store name, company name, title, subtitle. Used for display on the product store website if any
- Company Name -- Company name of the owner of the Store.
- Is Demo Store -- Check box, if "Yes" the Store does not send "live" mail except to a test address, if "No" the Store and opentaps system are fully function for communications and transactions.
- Visual Theme -- a selectable visual style used with the integrated WebSite Store if it is enabled.
- Inventory Facility Id - Specifies the Store Warehouse
- One Inventory Facility - Indicates whether or not there is a second (backup) warehouse.
- Is Immediately Fulfilled --
- Check Inventory -- Once an order is placed, this causes the store to check for inventory availability.
- Require Inventory -- Inventory is required before a Sales Order can be created.
- Requirement Method Enum Id Used to specify a Store default type of inventory requirements when the product does not itself have one specified. If you are using MRP set this to "No Requirements Created".
- Reserve Inventory -- Causes inventory to be reserved for items ordered in the store. The inventory may still be on hand but will no longer be available for other orders. If there is no inventory, new inventory items with negative quantities will be created. If you do not reserve inventory, then you will not be able to create Shipments and assign order items to shipments later.
- Reserve Order Enum Id Choose how inventory should be reserved. The options are:
- FIFO Received (default) – Inventory items are reserved based on the date time received flag of Inventory Item. The earliest received item is reserved first.
- FIFO Expire – InventoryItem with earliest expireDate is reserved first.
- LIFO Received – InventoryItem with latest date time received flag is reserved first.
- LIFO Expire – InventoryItem with the latest expireDate is reserved first.
- Greater Unit Cost – InventoryItem with the highest unitCost is reserved first.
- Lesser Unit Cost – InventoryItem with the lowest unitCost is reserved first. Note that the unit cost reservation methods do not do currency conversions.
- Balance Res On Order Creation --
Upload No Ship On Drop Ship Groups Allow Do Not Ship Orders Default Shipment Method Type Id Default Shipping Carrier Party Id Bill To Third Party Id