Difference between revisions of "Basics of Configuring the Product Store"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
This page provides for entry of basic information about an '''opentaps''' Virtual Store, including it's naming, and a collection of prescriptive policy defining items about how the Store handles business. The first group of items follow.
This page provides for entry of basic information about an '''opentaps''' Virtual Store, including it's naming, and a collection of prescriptive policydefining items about how the Store handles business . The first group of items follow.
Revision as of 20:39, 20 May 2010
To access the Catalog application from the Main Navigation screen, proceed as follows,
Click: Catalog Icon, the Catalog Manager Application Main page opens. Click: [Stores] in the "Catalog Manager Application" dropdown box, "Edit Product Store List" opens. Click: [Create New Product Store] button, or Click: an existing Store Name to edit, in the List box. Adjust: the width of your Browser window to view the whole "Edit Product Store", if necessary.
This page provides guidance for entry of basic information about an opentaps Virtual Store, including it's naming, and a collection of prescriptive policy-defining items about how the Store handles business transactions. (A few of the items pertain to the WebSite Store only, but most of them are used for any application of the Virtual Store. The first group of items follow.
Basic Store Definition
* Enter or Edit each of the following groups of items and then, * Save all of your changes when you are ready, * Click: [Update] at the bottom of the screen to save everything.
Items to be Entered or Edited:
Naming and Grouping Items
- Primary Store Group Id -- Stores can be grouped together with a price for each store group. Leave this blank if no store groups are set up. (Store groups cannot be set up in the catalog manager, groups must be inserted directly into the database. Consult your Technical System Administrator for assistance.)
- Store Name Store name, company name, title, subtitle. Used for display on the product store website if any
- Company Name -- Company name of the owner of the Store.
- Is Demo Store -- Check box, if "Yes" the Store does not send "live" mail except to a test address, if "No" the Store and opentaps system are fully function for communications and transactions.
- Visual Theme -- a selectable visual style used with the integrated WebSite Store if it is enabled.
- Inventory Facility Id - Specifies the Store Warehouse
- One Inventory Facility - Indicates whether or not there is a second (backup) warehouse.
- Is Immediately Fulfilled --
- Check Inventory -- Once an order is placed, this causes the store to check for inventory availability.
- Require Inventory -- Inventory is required before a Sales Order can be created.
- Requirement Method Enum Id Used to specify a Store default type of inventory requirements when the product does not itself have one specified. If you are using MRP set this to "No Requirements Created".
- Reserve Inventory -- Causes inventory to be reserved for items ordered in the store. The inventory may still be on hand but will no longer be available for other orders. If there is no inventory, new inventory items with negative quantities will be created. If you do not reserve inventory, then you will not be able to create Shipments and assign order items to shipments later.
- Reserve Order Enum Id Choose how inventory should be reserved. The options are:
- FIFO Received (default) – Inventory items are reserved based on the date time received flag of Inventory Item. The earliest received item is reserved first.
- FIFO Expire – InventoryItem with earliest expireDate is reserved first.
- LIFO Received – InventoryItem with latest date time received flag is reserved first.
- LIFO Expire – InventoryItem with the latest expireDate is reserved first.
- Greater Unit Cost – InventoryItem with the highest unitCost is reserved first.
- Lesser Unit Cost – InventoryItem with the lowest unitCost is reserved first. Note that the unit cost reservation methods do not do currency conversions.
- Balance Res On Order Creation --
- View Cart On Add -- Controls whether the user will view the shopping cart immediately after adding a product to it.
- Auto Save Cart
- Add To Cart Replace Upsell
- Add To Cart Remove Incompat
- Show Checkout Gift Options
- Prod Search Exclude Variants
- Prorate Shipping -- Controls whether shipping charges from an order are billed to first
invoice, or pro-rated across each of several order invoices.
- Req Ship Addr For Dig Items
- Select Payment Type Per Item
- Ship If Capture Fails
- Split Pay Pref Per Shp Grp
- Pay To Party Id -- Store payments go into an account of this PartyID
- Manual Auth Is Capture
- Retry Failed Auths
- Days To Cancel Non Pay -- There is an automated service that can be scheduled (see Job Scheduler in Webtools) nightly to cancel orders which have not been paid. This defines how many days an order can be outstanding and unpaid before it is canceled. A value of zero here will leave all orders open indefinitely.
- Auto Order Cc Try Exp
- Auto Order Cc Try Other Cards
- Auto Order Cc Try Later Nsf
- Auto Order Cc Try Later Max
- Store Credit Valid Days
- Set Owner Upon Issuance
- Order Number Prefix -- The character string prefix for all orders of this Store. Useful for grouping orders from multiple stores.
- Default Sales Channel Enum Id
- Explode Order Items
- Check Gc Balance
- Auto Invoice Digital Items
- Auto Approve Invoice
- Auto Approve Order
- Req Return Inventory Receive
- Default Locale String -- Enter the desired default locale character string, indicating the language, number, and currency formats used in the Store.
- Default Currency Uom Id -- Default currency for the Store transactions, dropdown box.
These are the standard status codes used in the system, and do not need to be changed unless code customization is being undertaken.
- Header Approved Status
- Item Approved Status
- Digital Item Approved Status
- Header Declined Status
- Item Declined Status
- Header Cancel Status
- Item Cancel Status
Standard messages to sent to the User when their order has been declined or viewed as fraudulent. These do not need to be modified unless customization is being undertaken.
- Auth Declined Message
- Auth Fraud Message
- Auth Error Message
- Prorate Taxes
- Show prices with VAT tax included
- Show Tax Is Exempt
- Vat Tax Auth Geo Id
- Vat Tax Auth Party Id
- Auto Approve Reviews -- If Users product reviews are enabled, this controls whether the reviews must be approved manually (or if they are automatically displayed on the site).
- Allow Password
- Default Password
- Use Primary Email Username
- Require Customer Role
- Enable Auto Suggestion List
- Enable Digital Product Upload
- Dig Prod Upload Category Id
Other Policy Items
- No Ship On Drop Ship Groups --
- Allow Do Not Ship Orders --
- Default Shipment Method Type Id --
- Default Shipping Carrier Party Id --
- Bill To Third Party Id --