Activity Details Screen
If you are viewing an email, please refer to View Email Screen. Otherwise, the "Activity Details" screen is divided into the following sections:
This section includes information about the activity, including the following details:
- Activity - This is a brief description of the activity.
- Status - This is the current status of the activity (for example, "Started").
- Scheduled Date/Due Date - These are the scheduled start and completion dates for the activity. When creating or editing the activity, you may enter these dates manually or search for them using the calendar widget.
- Started/Completion Date - These are the actual dates that the activity starts and ends on. A timestamp of the actual beginning and conclusion of an activity will be recorded when you click the [Start] and [Finish] buttons respectively.
- Location Description - This information box allows you to enter a description, directions, and additional data relevant to where the activity will take place.
- Description - This information box allows you to enter a description of the activity.
- Start/Finish Time - This field is automatically set to the current time, however you can record a start time or completion time predictively or retroactively by selecting the desired time from the drop down menus.
Note: attempting to schedule an activity during a time when the user is busy or away will result in an error message and will not allow the activity to be created. To override this error, you must select "Ignore Conflicts".
Activity links is a small screenlet to the left of the main activity screen and will show the following information:
- Owner: Owner of the activity
- Case, Opportunity, Order: Case, sales opportunity, and order associated with this activity.
The [New] button next to the word "Case" will take you to the Create Case Screen, where you can create a new case and have it be associated with the activity.
If you are the owner of the activity or have administrative permissions for activities (ie, as sales manager), you can change the owner of the activity, so long as it has not been completed or closed. Similarly, if you have update permissions, you can change the case or order associated with this activity.
If the activity is closed or if you cannot modify it, then you can only see the owner and the case, opportunity, and order associated with it.
These are the individuals involved in the activity, including their role, status, and availability. There is no limit to how many parties can be added to the list, however only the user who is the calendar owner or a user with activity administration permission can add or remove additional parties. See CRMSFA Activity Security for more details.
Adding and removing an internal user (for example, a sales representative) from an activity will trigger an email to be sent to the person it was assigned to.
Bookmarks and Files
This section lists any previously bookmarked URLs or uploaded files (documents, images, etc.) relevant to the activity. Clicking the [Bookmark URL] button will prompt you with fields to enter the web address and a description of the URL or its relevancy. Clicking the [Upload File] button will prompt you with a field to enter the file name or browse your computer to find and select the file, and a field for a description of the file.
Clicking on the web address for a bookmarked URL will open the page a new window. Clicking on the name of an uploaded file will open the file. Uploading a file will store it in your file system and associate it with this activity. Clicking the [Remove] button will remove its association with this activity but will not remove it from your file system.